Sports Specific Nutrition in Asheville, NC
What is the best nutritional plan for an athlete?
First and foremost, every athlete is different and it is best to develop a personalized nutrition plan based on an athlete's training level; basal metabolic rate (BMR); and blood, adrenal, and hormone levels. In general, it is best to customize a nutritional plan based on the following outcomes:
- Decreasing body fat
- Building lean muscle mass
- Increasing strength
- Stabilizing hormonal balance
- Improving immune health
Typically, your optimal diet consists of a diverse base of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and plenty of water.
Should athletes take nutritional supplements?
Athletes can take nutritional supplements, but many overdo it in the hopes for achieving optimal performance. It is best to evaluate and modify your current diet with the help of a professional before taking nutritional supplements.
After you partner with a nutrition professional, the following might be helpful supplements to consider implementing into your diet:
- Glutamine, which can boost immune function by fueling your white blood cells
- Nitric oxide support, which can limit muscle fatigue and improve blood circulation
- Electrolyte energy food and drinks, which can replenish the electrolytes lost during intense exercise
- Branched-chain amino acids, which can increase energy and stop muscle breakdown
AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center
Address1604 Lamons Lane
Johnson City, TN 37604
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Areas We Service:Asheville, NC, Granite Falls, NC, Hudson, NC, Lenoir, NC, Hickory, NC, Boone, NC, North Wilkesboro, NC, Wilkesboro, NC, Greenville, SC, Morristown, TN, Knoxville, TN, Gatlinburg, TN, Kingsport, TN, Bristol, VA, Abingdon, VA