Athletic Performance Evaluation (APE)/Sports Performance Evaluation in Winter Springs, FL
What is an athletic performance evaluation (APE)/sports performance evaluation?
It is a nutritional and metabolic assessment of an athlete with the intended outcome being to optimize his or her athletic performance and well-being.
What happens in an athletic performance evaluation (APE)/sports performance evaluation?
A comprehensive musculoskeletal and nutritional assessment should be completed. A series of laboratory tests and assessments are recommended, including the following:
- Nutritional evaluation based on intake of vitamins, minerals, proteins, and amino acids
- Oxidative stress evaluation of how the body's natural defenses neutralize superoxide radicals. An athlete can produce excessive amounts of oxidative radicals, which may damage arteries and raise the risk of heart disease
- Exercise, strength, and flexibility training such as using a treadmill to assess anaerobic threshold and maximum level of oxygen consumption
- Blood, cholesterol, electrolyte, liver, and kidney function assessment
- Mitochondrial function assessment, which tests how efficiently you are producing energy
After assessment and testing, a customized plan is developed for the athlete and is adjusted as needed based on communication between the athlete, doctor, coach, etc.
Address4749 Hargrave St.
Orlando, FL 32803
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: By Appointment Only
Sun: By Appointment Only